You can apply Passport of citizens near you through Digital Gramin Seva
Visiting a foreign country is a dream come true for any person in India. To make this happen, you need a passport. Passport is an identity of your nationality that lets the officials of the other countries know who you are and that you are permitted to visit a particular country.
Applying for a passport is not a rocket science. Firstly, you need to fill a form having personal details relevant and make the payment according to the size of passport book you choose to have. The entire process can take time or you can also get it quickly if you pay more or get it done through an agent. Once the payment is done, a meeting for filling the form with the passport officials will be scheduled at the center.
There, you will need to give your fingerprints, your picture will be taken by the officials and the relevant documents will be submitted. Once all of this is done and verification is complete, within a time period of 15 days, you will verified by the police. Afterwards, if your records are clean, a passport will be dispatched at your doorstep.
Documents required for a fresh passport:
- Photo passbook of running bank account in any public sector bank, private sector bank and regional rural banks
- A voter ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Electricity bill
- Rent agreement
- Driving license
- Driving license
- Landline or postpaid mobile bill
- Proof of gas connection
S-pouse’s passport copy (First and last page of the passport that includes the details of the family and mentions applicants name as the spouse of the passport holder)
- Certificate from employer of reputed companies on letterhead.
Income Tax assessment order
- School leaving certificate
- Birth certificate issued by the Municipal Corporation
- Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies having the DOB of the holder of the insurance policy