What's Ration Card?
A Ration Card is a veritably useful document for Indian citizens. It helps save plutocrat by abetting in the procurement of essential goods at a subsidised rate. It has also come an important tool of identification now-a-days. You may need to produce a dupe of your Ration Card as evidence of identification when applying for other documents like Domicile Certificate, for addition of your name in the Electoral Rolls,etc.
Families living below the poverty line are entitled to Blue Cards, under which they can mileage special subventions. In addition to endless Ration Cards, States also issue temporary Ration Cards, which are valid for a specified number of months, and are issued for relief purposes.
Why is a Ration Card important?
Ration card details give an important evidence of Identity and Residence of citizens, it also used as evidence of applying for making a Domicile instrument, Birth Certificate, Voter ID cardetc. you can also check Ration card details by name.
Ration cards offer identification as well entitle the holder to a Ration of food, energy, or other goods issued by the Government of India. They're primarily used when copping subsidized foodstuffs (wheat, rice, sugar) and kerosene.
Different Types of Ration Cards
- Above Poverty Line (APL)-The Government will issue APL Cards (White Colour) to the families having total income above Rs per annum.
- Below Poverty Line (BPL)- Families having a total family income below Rs per annum have been linked under this order.
- Antyodya Anna Yojana (AAY)-Household with a impaired grown-up and no assured means of subsistence, landless labourers, borderline growers, crafters, craft men, widows, terminally ill personsetc. are covered under this scheme.
- Annapurna Yojana (AY)-Under this scheme, a destitute person with further than 65 times of age having no source of income and not serving the benefit of public Old Age Pension or State Pension Scheme can mileage 10 Kg of food grains free of cost every month.
Required Documents for New Ration Card
- Copy of aadhar card
- Copy of the first page of bank passbook
- Photo of all the family members
- Passport Size Photo of the head of family
- Address Proof (attested copy of PAN Card /Driving License / Bank
- Passbook / Post Office Passbook /Municipal Holding receipt / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill
How to avail the facility of making Ration Card
Follow the steps below for the Ration Card Online Apply process.
Making Ration Card is very easy.
- First You have to login to Digital Gramin Seva Portal and click on Ration card option.
- Secondly, Move forward and enter your further details as asked on the page.
- Complete all the details and upload documents.
- Finally, Click on the Submit button and wait for processing of Ration card.